- This money challenge was unexpectedly hilarious. Students were given a budget and had to buy groceries, find an apartment, a phone and plan (if possible), and send money home to family in Guatemala. "What's the sales tax, Mrs. Kinat?"
"I'm too stressed about finding a house! I'm doing groceries later!"
- Some words of encouragement from a 4th grader to @sylvesterturner. Students are writing letters to the mayor, governor, or president. Contacting #electedofficials is a good habit to have. #allies #advocates #weareallamericans #undocumented #stopsb4
- Today students heard Sanjay's story, a refugee from Nepal, and how @pairhouston helped his resettlement in Houston. The questions students are asking have become so focused and empathetic. Perhaps they're future #pairhouston volunteers..
- This was a a full week of researching why #immigrants take the risk of leaving their home country and diving into creating their final project which will ultimately help new immigrants resettle in Houston. Learn more about what we're doing at the link in my bio! #undocumentedandunafraid #refugees #weareallamericans
- This summer @msbarnes5th and I are teaching a #blendedlearning #pbl class focusing on #immigrants in America and what we can do to help them resettle successfully. #firstweekdone #fourthgrade #fifthgrade #facesofamerica