- Thank you to everyone who attended today’s @coh_mayors_events #farmersmarket @astrosbaseball #peprally at City Hall.
#Houston is ready to cheer on our #astros as they #earnhistory this #mlbpostseason. It was great to have @mu59rove and @defish23 pump up the fans this afternoon.
We are ready for some #postseason baseball Houston.
#houstonstrong #baseball #baseballplayoffs #mlb #majorleaguebaseball #astros #earnit #htown
- Join us tomorrow on the steps of City Hall for @coh_mayors_events City Hall Farmer’s Market. We will host a special pep rally to cheer on our @astrosbaseball as they begin their journey in @mlb playoffs.
Make sure to wear #orange tomorrow also as we orange out our city.
#mlbplayoffs #baseball #mlb #playoffs #earnit #visitcityhallhou #visithouston
- This morning, I took a tour of Relevant Power Solutions in NE Houston. Relevant Power Solutions partners with @siemens building energy turbine systems which can power neighborhoods. Relevant Power Solutions transports their portable energy stations by sea through the Port of Houston and by cargo air through our airport system.
#energy #turbines #technology #airportcargo #power #relevantpowersolutions
- Join @traeabn, @humanity4hou, @havasole, @doloresalozano, and the #ReliefGang beginning at 9am to unload Harvey donations.
Plenty of items are still being donated from across the nation. Very grateful. That is what #houstonstrong is all about. Contact @djmrrogers for more info.
- This morning, I was honored to welcome @ccharitiesusa to #houston. They are having their annual gathering. I appreciate all the service projects they will be engaging in across the city and assisting in #harveyrelief efforts. They are working to keep #houstonstrong.
- I have asked Gov. Greg Abbott to have the state government use part of the Texas Economic Stabilization Fund to aid Houston’s flood recovery. The letter can be viewed at: http://houstontx.gov/govtrelations/rainy-day-letter.pdf
Using part of the $10 billion-plus in the Rainy Day Fund is appropriate for the response to a natural disaster such as Harvey that wreaked significant damage and caused local governments to incur unanticipated costs far beyond their budgets.
Without aid from the state fund, the city will be forced to increase its property tax rate on a temporary, emergency basis for 12 months to help pay its recovery bills. The mayor is seeking City Council approval for an increase that would cost the owner of an average Houston dwelling $4.03 per month for a year.
The use of the Rainy Day Fund is also appropriate to help fix the damage from the 27 trillion gallons of rain that fell on Texas from Hurricane Harvey.
- This afternoon, Tabernacle of Praise opened their doors to serve Houstonians. I appreciate Mississippi State Senator Barnett for traveling to #Houston to cook food for NE Houstonians and help in #HarveyRecovery efforts.
We are one community. We are one city. We are #HoustonStrong.
- #Repost @_chase_boogie
It finally stopped raining long enough for me to send the drone up and get some footage. I took all of this around Downtown Houston because it's literally no where else I can go 😔/ Shoutout to all my L.A. Fam checking in on us down here #prayforhouston🙏 #prayforhouston #harvey #mavicpro #chaseboogie
It& #39;s extremely difficult to have to watch the events of Hurricane Harvey unfold on TV and not be able to get back to Houston to help with the recovery efforts. I& #39;ve set up a fundraiser so that we can raise as much money as possible to help our communities and the families of our great city rebuild. Any donation that you can spare, no matter how large or small, no matter what city or state you live in, is greatly appreciated. We will come out of this stronger than ever.
- #Repost @justinjames99
It's extremely difficult to have to watch the events of Hurricane Harvey unfold on TV and not be able to get back to Houston to help with the recovery efforts. I've set up a fundraiser so that we can raise as much money as possible to help our communities and the families of our great city rebuild. Any donation that you can spare, no matter how large or small, no matter what city or state you live in, is greatly appreciated. We will come out of this stronger than ever.
- #Repost @houstonmoca ・・・
The City of Houston’s Civic Art Program has completed installation of ten new solar-powered parking meters along Allen Parkway that have been enlivened with artwork by Celan Bouillet . Located between downtown and Taft Street, alongside Buffalo Bayou Park, the parking meters transform once-muted objects into art pieces that all Houstonians can enjoy. “One of Houston’s greatest assets is its culture and public art,” stated Sylvester Turner, Mayor of Houston. “As a city we seek to engage our large population of working artists to create pieces that speak to each neighborhood and will add an imaginative and fun enhancement to our city.”
@celanbouillet @houstonartsalliance @texansforthearts @americans4arts @parkhouston @ellencohenhou #art #publicart #civicart #houston #htown #percentforartprogram #HoustonArtCollection #artist #visualartist #park @buffalobayou
- #Repost @cohantihumantrafficking
Do you know who your child is talking to online? Traffickers encourage children to be secretive and even blackmail them to get what they want. Find out what YOU can do to help keep your kids safe: https://love146.org/caregivers/guide/#four