- (Barter: An exchange of goods or services for other goods or services without using money.
Such a love is equaled to the barter, for there is exchange of love and devotion in return for the same.
Humbled to have exchanged love for love between these great people that are ever inspiring each other to keep the old ways alive. @ma.ferguson
- Wolves | Slavik Magicks .
Vuk [vu:k] (wolf) is an old Slavic word. Also a word kurjak (kuryak) is used with the same meaning. Before the coming of Christianity, the wolf was a totem animal in the old Slavs, a mythical ancestor. It played quite a significant role in the Slavic mythology and folklore. The old Slavic religion had many rituals referring to the wolf â€“ rituals that protected from the animal but also those referring to the cult of ancestors. The wolf was venerated and feared. The wolf also had a special place in the pre-Christian religions of other peoples. Many nations considered the wolf as their ancestor, and Romulus and Remus, the legendary founders of Rome, were fed by a she-wolf. Wolves are also found accompanying mythical Slavic deities. Upon adopting Christianity, folk imagination placed a wolf at the side of the father of the Christian Serbia, St Sava. Wolf, or Vuk is a common name in Serbia. In the ancient times, people believed that whoever had a name of totem animal would be protected from all evil. We can still find such names to be quite common: Vuk, Vukašin, Vučica, Vukica, as well as family names: Vučić, Vujošević, Vukadinović, Vučelić and so on.
For the Slavic people, wolves are tied up to protection rituals and ancestor worship, being a way to connect the solid reality of this world with the less solid – but no less real – realms of the Otherworld.
#wolves #vuk #vukovi #slavicshamanism #slavicmythology #slavic #oldways #pagan #history #magick #oldlore #wolftotem
- I FUCKING LOVE THIS! I was married to a politicians son for 8 years and also worked for government for 5 years, I got to see the inside of politics and I won’t lie, it left me disillusioned and angry. People become a numbers game in politics, each one worth 1 vote, or a dollar amount. The only way to change it is for the people to become more than a number. All people. This little girl isn’t a number 1, she is a collection of stardust worth a million 1’s. This little girl is the 1 we can gather around and become more than individual collections of stardust. We can become a supernova sun ready to shine a light on the need for change. Your voice is your power. Find it. Use it for good. Believe what you speak is worthwhile. Learn about things that matter and then tell other people what you’ve learnt. Find other 1’s and create a supernova of change. Australian politics did it’s job back when I was a child, so now my children are safer and I am so grateful. America, I will be a part of your supernova and gather around the awesome Mackenzie and the future she wants too.
#Repost @alexellinghausen: 13-year-old Makenzie Hymes from Virginia joins gun control reform rally at the front of the White House
- Since I received so many questions, I decided to post and share some useful information. Please do your own double check research before fiddling with any plant medicine. 🌷
The manzanita plant:
Smooth and curvy goddess energy. Edible berries which can also be made into cider or dried and crushed into a sugar. The leaves can be used for mild issues with urinary tract, kidneys, and uterus. The bark has been used for many things, and it is said that some used to clean their teeth with the twigs. #nature #bushcraft #oldways
- Setup for straining and combining cooked #elderberries, #lemon, #ginger and #spices with raw #honey to make #elderberrysyrup. #homecook #kitchenwitch #wellness #remedies #oldways #natural #remedy #elderberry #antiviral