- Summer is almost over here and while I’m not ready for Winter I’m looking forward to Autumn tones and the next cycle of garden planning. I’ve got so many seeds to plant from my @floretflower order last month. I’m going to be a little more planned with my sowing this year, usually I scatter them wildly in the garden and wait to see what happens! It drives my husband crazy but I’m quite partial to a messy and full garden. We now have his and hers garden beds where we can do what we want and argue with each other that our way is best 😂 #growfloret
- Thinking about spending all of Monday in the garden with two super happy boys. Warm air makes me feel different; happier more energetic. I am looking forward to Spring for so many different reasons but one of he biggest ones is time with my boys. They love their garden! They love helping me and any excuse to use their dump trucks and they’re in 🚚 Also, this will be the first year I won’t have a toddler that crushes little seedlings 🌱🌱 It’s the little things right?! •
• I hope it’s not flooding where you are and that you’re safe and dry. We have been experiencing a crazy amount of rain so far this week with no end in sight. I don’t know that those transplants from Monday will make it but at least we have fond memories of planting them 🌿💚
#growyourown #growfloret #growyourownfood #gardening #garden #organic #fresh #wildandfreechildren #farmher
- Most of my nights lately are spent placing very tiny seeds into very tiny soil blocks. My eyes and neck do not enjoy it but it's so rewarding when you actually see the plants grow. Here is the dusty miller I bumped up last week, very glad to be in the deeper plugs.
#flowers #seeds #dustymiller #flowerfarming #homestead #urbanfarming #growfloret #floretseeds #geoseeds
- Today was 78 degrees outside!! That is one crazy February day and it means that I need to get going on the next stage of our 2018 garden! .
You see these little seedlings? They were planted back in January and they’re going to have to wait until after the last frost before they get to venture outside but we can start planting some more hearty plants now!
We currently have spinach and romaine lettuce growing that I planted in the fall and it survived the winter! The spinach is doing exceptionally well!! I need to rearrange some lettuce and get more seeds sown in the next week so we can enjoy fresh organic salads!
I’m making plans to expand the flower garden this year with lots of zinnias and cosmos from @floretflower! There are little poppies coming up in this photo! Can’t wait for fresh flowers to have for cutting!
I’m not much of an expert when it comes to gardening. I just make sure I have some good soil, plenty of water and sunshine! I love how our garden has grown over the years and we’ve learned a thing or two along the way! Do you have a garden? What are you planting this year?? 🌱🍅🥒🌶 #growfloret #floretseeds #winterhustlersm #day21
- Last night I did something I’ve never done before. A speaking engagement. I put a little PowerPoint together and everything. The story goes a little something like this...
Late last summer, after a life-altering couple of months, I was reflecting on the past and dreaming of the future. I was trying to answer the question, “what does success really look like?” For some, the answer is straightforward and easy. That answer has never been quite so simple for me...it’s not money or likes or really anything measurable so I had to dig deep.
However, I am a total believer in manifestation and the law of attraction. (I get the first parking spot at Target and Costco almost every time I go...it’s become so humorous I send my brother and sister-in-law snapnchats of them! 😂). So, one day, a fleeting thought that giving a presentation or speech MIGHT be the definition of success I was looking for...but also maybe not. But it crossed my mind nonetheless. Within a couple of minutes of having that thought, my phone dinged with an email inviting me to tell our flower farm story to the Sunset Garden Club. What the what? Ok, universe, I’m listening.
Now, does this mean I have MADE IT as a flower farmer?!? Certainly not. But maybe it’s someone telling me I am on the right path. And, I’ll tell you why. Tea and coffee were served on the finest china, I got laughs when I wanted them, ooohs and awws when I needed them and an applause at the end. Oh, and an unexpected check that, in the memo said, ‘Speaker Fee’. I even took a pic and sent it to Dale I was so proud.
It was sweet and small and quaint and lovely. (And if you’re an #ENFP like me, you just know I had to talk Shari’s ear off, after I had just talked about myself for an hour, over a glass of vino 😂.)
So, cheers to the things that make you feel good and living your life with purpose. As for all the rest of the crap? Put it on the “don’t care” pile. .
P.S. I did an experiment on these little grape hyacinth babies. Looks like it worked!
#flowerfarmer #farmerflorist #growfloret #forcingbulbs #gardenclub #gardenclubsofamerica #madisongardenclub #sunsetgardenclub #publicspeaking #enfp #grapehyacinth #muscari
- And so it begins!!
We are busy planning out our first growing season, which will include more than 50 different kinds of cut flowers 💐 Fresh off of the seriously awesome Floret 2018 Workshop for small-scale high intensity flower farming, we are pumped to be digging in! We will be documenting the journey here, welcome to Nectar Isle Farm 👩🏼🌾🌱👨🏻🌾
#nectarislefarm #vashonisland #growfloret @floretflower
- What's better than seed catalogs in January? Actual flower SEEDS! Looking forward to starting a flower garden with this year. Thanks, Floret Flower Farm! @floretflower #slowflowers #wannabeflorist #growfloret #floretseeds
- Can't wait to grow these annual flowers from @floretflower. Erin has the prettiest varieties and it shows by how fast her seeds sell out! #growfloret #floretseeds #heirloomflowers #flowerfarmer #farmtovase #celosia
- Awakening& #39; ist eine zauberhafte, dicht gefüllte Rose in Hell- bis Zartrosa. Auf diesem Bild ranken ihre schlanken, biegsame Triebe an einem wunderschönen Metall-Pavillon im Peggy Rockefeller Rose Garden in Bronx / New York. 📷 🌺 ⬇⬇ DOWNLOAD ⬇⬇ Besuchen Sie unsere Homepage, um KOSTENLOS unseren Produktkatalog herunterzuladen (Link in der Profilbeschreibung) 🌹
- Awakening' ist eine zauberhafte, dicht gefüllte Rose in Hell- bis Zartrosa. Auf diesem Bild ranken ihre schlanken, biegsame Triebe an einem wunderschönen Metall-Pavillon im Peggy Rockefeller Rose Garden in Bronx / New York. 📷 🌺 ⬇⬇ DOWNLOAD ⬇⬇ Besuchen Sie unsere Homepage, um KOSTENLOS unseren Produktkatalog herunterzuladen (Link in der Profilbeschreibung) 🌹