- We’re lighting up the switchboards to make sure all of you #museumonmainstreet fans don’t miss the FINAL DAYS of #TheWayWeWorked in four fantastic states: Explore your community’s rich work history for the final times at @salisburyartgalleries in MD through 11/3, #LeFloreHistoricalSociety in OK through 11/10, #BlackCreekArts in SC through 11/12, and @tarponarts in FL through 11/18. And of course, the penultimate stop at #SilverReefMuseum in UT ends this Sunday, 11/5. Catch these final stops before these #TWWW state tours... retire #LastCall #goinggoinggone
- Plein air watercolor family workshop at Silver Reef Museum today. We had a lot of fun seeing how artists work then trying it out for ourselves. #umfaeducatorsgetaround #thewayweworked @utahhumanities @utahmuseumoffinearts
- This year's 1st interview for the Smithsonian Museum project is in the books! Today we were lucky enough to hear Mrs. Loretta Bullard's story. What a wonderful woman! Thank you to the Leflore County Museum and @bonnieprigmore for a great partnership. @theeastinitiative #eastlife #ktc #smithsonianmuseum #thewayweworked
- What an amazing turnout! We love when a community comes together around an exhibit like @chickasawcountry has for #thewayweworked. See what the fuss is all about that can bring a region together through Labor Day at Waurika Public Library. #Repost @okhumanities
It was a beautiful day for the #humanities in Waurika last Friday at a community-wide celebration of the opening of our traveling Smithsonian exhibition #thewayweworked. See this exhibit on the impact of work on American life and culture at the Waurika Public Library through Sept. 8. @sitesexhibitions #museumonmainstreet @chickasawcountry
- It was a beautiful day for the #humanities in Waurika last Friday at a community-wide celebration of the opening of our traveling Smithsonian exhibition #thewayweworked. See this exhibit on the impact of work on American life and culture at the Waurika Public Library through Sept. 8. @sitesexhibitions #museumonmainstreet @chickasawcountry
- Community stories are the best stories, and community events bring out the best in each of us. Great seeing the awesome work being done by @flhumanities and the Polk County History Center bringing some local flavor to #TheWayWeWorked #SunshineStateStories #museumonmainstreet #Repost @flhumanities
A great crowd at the Polk County History Center in Bartow. "The Way We Worked," a @smithsonian exhibit which explores the history and culture of labor in America, is currently on display until August 12!
- Summer is here. Teens across the planet have their first experiences with work, paychecks, and the real world. Listen to this "Be Here: Main Street" story about being a newspaper inserter in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Maybe your experiences entering the workforce were a little different, maybe not!
This story was inspired by the Museum on Main Street traveling exhibition "The Way We Worked," and stories about work history are now part of the #bHereMainSt archive. Click the link in our profile to check it out. bit.ly/2s94s6y
#summer #teenscan #museweb #storytelling #archives #museums #maine #firstjobs #bHereMainSt #museums #museumonmainstreet #theWayWeWorked
- The massive wooden #gears that turn the #millstones @UnionMillsMD. Join us today, June 25 at 2 pm for our Smithsonian-partnered programming for #TheWayWeWorked. Dr. Mark Denny is speaking on technology and Union Mills' role in the industrial revolution. #Mdhistory #mdinfocus #gristmills #UnionMillsHomestead