- Found this little piece of cactus on a hiking trail. Note to self... Never ever pick up a cactus again! I had little prickles in my fingers for hours! Ouch!! 🤦🏼♀️😂
But I was so excited to see this little guy laying there! The cactus symbolizes endurance and longevity. This is a good reminder to hang in there when the going gets rough. And boy do I need this! It's so easy to be frustrated and discouraged by all the daily stresses. The scale not budging! My kids having total melt downs or not listening. The never ending pile of laundry.
I remind myself that it's a marathon not a sprint! Magic may not happen overnight. Sometimes it's an unfolding. Yoga helps me to slow down my thoughts and reign in my feelings of "I need it all to be perfect now". Just breathe. Be patient. Work hard. Enjoy the journey. And embrace the cactus.
#momlosingweight #journeytofit #journeytoselflove #meditatemore #mindfullness #healthyliving #coloradoadventure #cactuslove #succulentbabies #cactusgram #mantramagazine #embracethecactus #hikinglove #bouldercolorado
- We don’t have white christmases in Arizona, but we sure do have pretty ones. Pretty and warm ones. It’s 75 outside today. 😅🌵🌵🌵 (also, this prickly shot is available as an iPhone wallpaper on the blog. There’s tons! Just search “wallpaper” in the archives!) #EmbraceTheCactus #abmlifeiscolorful
- Well since it’s been 2 years, I decided we should probably send out Christmas Cards. If you moved in the last 2 years, PM me your new address. If you want to be added to my list, just raise your hand 😬 #christmascards #familypictures #onlykenzieandiwillbefeaturedonourchristmascardthisyear 😘 #userymountain #embracethecactus
- I tell my clients- don’t get family haircuts within two weeks of photos. I got my youngest sons haircut yesterday (don’t worry it looks good). I tell my clients- don’t stress about outfit coordination. Here I am racing around trying to find our outfits for our session this Sunday not realizing Black Friday shopping apparently now starts on Wednesday. At least I am taking the time to smell the roses, or rather photograph the cacti #BeStill #GodGrantMePeace #BlackWednesday #CactusCreeper
- Friday night feeling my flower power at #CultivateGoodsWorkshop @sisterhousecollective And how amazing is this prickly cacti mural @abbiepaulhus painted there?!? Stay tuned for pictures of the fall floral masterpiece I just created with a secret ingredient... ARTICHOKES! #CultivateGoods #FloralFun
- cultivating balance today- our country's tumultuous political instability around me & the disaster of the latest hurricane remind me to look inward as well to create stillness & manifest #balance God has us all in His capable hands
- I'm not even joking. I love cactus WAY too much. And few things can do better for a space than a new plant! Maybe that's why I'm starting a mini collection in our new house. Did you see this beauty on display in our recent bathroom makeover with @homedepot? It's all on da blog. 🌵🌵🌵 #embracethecactus #sponsored #ProperAtHome
- 🌱Hey it& #39;s#SucculentSunday & LOOK my oldest #echeveria that& #39;s been propagated twice just spontaneously had two babies!!! So here& #39;s a maternity/newborn photo of my #succababy 🤣
🌱 #GreenThumb Tip: Buy succulents because they& #39;re low maintenance. Pick one day a week like Succulent Sunday so you don& #39;t over or under water your plants. Still having problems with them getting leggy or dropping leaves? Change the light by moving them every couple weeks to see if it works.
- 🌱Hey it's #SucculentSunday & LOOK my oldest #echeveria that's been propagated twice just spontaneously had two babies!!! So here's a maternity/newborn photo of my #succababy 🤣
#GreenThumb Tip: Buy succulents because they're low maintenance. Pick one day a week like Succulent Sunday so you don't over or under water your plants. Still having problems with them getting leggy or dropping leaves? Change the light by moving them every couple weeks to see if it works.
- Joined the ranks of adulthood today and spilled the beans all about HOW WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! This has honestly been a dream of ours for years and it totally became a reality here in #Tucson. We've got the story details and sneak peek pics 👀 over #ontheblog today, so check it out with the direct link in my IG profile! We've got lots of plans for this baby and I can't wait to make it our home forever! (Or at least until the zombie apocalypse comes and I have to go all Rick Grimes on everyone.) 🏡🏠🏡 #ProperAtHome #embracethecactus
- Give me a cute plant in a cute pot and I'm sold! I definitely did not inherit my mom's green thumb, but the nice part about living in Arizona is that cacti aren't that hard to keep alive so I might have a chance! 🌵 Also, I saw the cutest succulents (yes, in a cute pot) at Trader Joe's, maybe I'll give those a go, they don't need much water either right? #WorkingOnMyGreenThumb