- After the rain has come , the garden is replenished... here's a shining example of some of the beauty to be found in my front garden . #lavender ... part of the mint family. Simply rub the flower on your wrists for calming, and it's so refreshing too. It's is good for the skin (to heal the scars of burns etc) , and to aid sleep... #usefulinformation #flowers #flowerpower #beauty #nature #naturelove #indigo
- 'Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.' #thichnhathanh ...keep smiling , even whilst in sorrow , it helps lift the spirit and gives hope for tomorrow ....#joy #smile #keepsmiling #quoteoftheday #ลฅhoughtoftheday #mindovermatter
- 'You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea
You belong with your love on your arm
You belong somewhere you feel free...' #tompetty #wildflowers #inspiration #frontgarden #nature #lovenature #naturelove #beautiful #spring
- Ooh I love a caper!!! It's only taken 45 years to buy my first jar of capers, which I've added to my salad tonight - it's a bit like looking for where's Wally but they're definitely in there ๐
#capers #salad #healthyfood #cleanfood #deliciousfood #colourful #nutrition #goodfood #yum
- Looking at the woman in this picture, would you believe me if I told you the following: That she was left by her father as a child. That she went through a deeply challenging time , including grief, whilst pregnant with her first child.
That her second child was born, and weeks later hospitalised with serious ( but curable health conditions). That having never been to a funeral until age 31, she then went to more funerals of loved ones in the next 10 years, and experienced such grief, that the only way to cope with the cruelty of life was to cultivate a really wicked sense of humour.
That she became Type 1 diabetic as she turned 40, and then shortly after went under general anaesthetic for 3 operations within 18 months for a separate health issue.
That she has been prescribed beta blockers to help calm her anxiety induced heart palpitations and panic attacks ( but refused them , because once diagnosed she knew, that with her yoga experience and knowledge, she could help herself through certain yoga breathing practices ). The list could go on, but I hope I've made the point. This woman exists, all this is true, because this woman is me.
I can not advocate enough the power of yoga and it's many valuable benefits . Especially for the mind; with anxiety, grief and depression that can strike at any time .
Yoga is NOT about striking funky positions to look cool and show your friends. Yoga IS about REAL LIFE and learning to deal with it on a daily basis. For me it's been a lifeline . And my real passion as a teacher is to help people cultivate a practice for themselves that is an investment for the benefit of their overall health and provide a grounding strength in times of crisis. If you're interested to find out more, please check out my website for classes and forthcoming retreats: www.yoga-light.com ๐๐๐ท#mermaidpose #ekapadarajakapotasana #yogalife #yogalight #anxietyrelief #griefsupport #depression #stress
- Plank pose is the perfect body drill, developing strength, stamina and discipline. Keep the abdomen drawn up towards the belly button and back towards the back of the waist, focus on your breathing making it slow, even and steady, relax the shoulders and see how many breaths you can remain here for. #fuerteventura #2013 #strength #uttihitachaturangadandasana #plank #baronbaptiste #yogapractice #yoga #yogalight
- This posture is probably one of the most widely known, and has some amazing emotional as well as physical benefits- it strengthens the shoulders, creates space in the spine and lengthens the tendons and muscles at the back of the legs. But for me it's real power lies in the way the heart centre is protected by the body. It's great to practice when you feel vulnerable but need to go out and face the world. It provides a moment of sanctuary for the heart, whilst preparing the body to physically be in the world. Beware practising near small children, dogs and cats - who will be drawn to run right through the heart space sanctuary you are creating - which could evoke laughter, softness and release, but sometimes frustration! #fuerteventura #2013 #adhomukhasvanasana #downwarddog #yoga #introspection #protection
- 'Just as a snake sheds its skin, we must shed our past over and over again.' Buddha #fuerteventura #2013 #bhujangasana #cobra #dailymotivation #quoteoftheday #yogalife #loveyoga #yogajourney #yogapractice #yoga #buddhaquotes
- 'She doesn't need a warrior, she is one. What she needs is a devout heart and strong arms to hold her after her battles are won.' L.L. Musings #fuerteventura #2013 #virabhradrasana2 #warrior2 #devout #heart #yogapractice #yogalife #loveyoga #dailymotivation #soultribe
- Am so proud of these white, skinny legs (soon to be brown, thanks to this weekend). They& #39;ve stomped their way over the old familiar haunts of Primrose Hill and Hampstead Heath , tackled driving ( again - even after Fridays ordeal) to west London, and then from Ladbroke Grove to Golders Green (and in between), for the first time solo - AND accomplished ridiculous feats of yoga ( but that& #39;s entirely another story!). Quite an emotional weekend recalling my life here 15/20 years ago, full of flashbacks and memories suddenly thrust into the foreground of the mind - and time has just gone in a flash. I still feel like that twenty something girl, still with that same free spirit, and still with these same little legs, yet I now have 2 children!!!! Life is so strange ... but enough of being reflective, hope you& #39;re all having fun in the sun ๐๐๐ #sunshine#parklife#londonlife#hampsteadheath#reflections#memories
- Am so proud of these white, skinny legs (soon to be brown, thanks to this weekend). They've stomped their way over the old familiar haunts of Primrose Hill and Hampstead Heath , tackled driving ( again - even after Fridays ordeal) to west London, and then from Ladbroke Grove to Golders Green (and in between), for the first time solo - AND accomplished ridiculous feats of yoga ( but that's entirely another story!). Quite an emotional weekend recalling my life here 15/20 years ago, full of flashbacks and memories suddenly thrust into the foreground of the mind - and time has just gone in a flash. I still feel like that twenty something girl, still with that same free spirit, and still with these same little legs, yet I now have 2 children!!!! Life is so strange ... but enough of being reflective, hope you're all having fun in the sun ๐๐๐#sunshine #parklife #londonlife #hampsteadheath #reflections #memories