- Keep calm and carry on - after five years of feeling like a coiled spring in the mornings of the days my girls are at school, I wanted to share with you things that have helped me this year approach the pre-school rush in a zen like state of calm (well almost!). If you're interested there's a new post on the blog about just that (link in profile). Feel free to share any tips you might have.
Whilst I'm here, I just want to mention something very exciting that's happening, on Thursday I will be auctioning a face to face styling and photography teaching session to take place at my home, or via Skype if you're not UK based, as part of the @makers4refugees initiative. I will give you more details on Thursday at 6.00 pm (GMT) when the auction begins, but it would be amazing if you could join me for such a worthy cause. #makers4refugees
- Some of you might have seen in my stories already, but today is very exciting but also slightly terrifying. I have just launched my first online styling course! It is a totally free taster course on styling an autumnal still-life. There's a link in my profile.
Those of you who have followed me for a while know I've wanted to do this for literally years but I haven't had the time with a little person still at home. However she started school in September so I've finally done it!
If you'd like to take a look, please do. I would love any feedback before I launch some other more detailed courses in the next few months. And if you have any problems registering let me know, it's been a challenge setting it up so there might be a few technical gremlins still lurking.
- When you go to your lovely friend's house for lunch, and she makes you a cake that looks like this, and tastes amazing too. Thank you Lou @cygnetkitchen I could quite happily eat a slice of this right now.
- Dead stuff and pumpkins, that about sums Autumn up for me! For those of you who often ask how I'm doing health wise these days, it's been a long time coming, but I've finally written a personal blog post with an up date, and an explanation of the surgery I had recently. If you'd like a read, link is in my profile.
PS if you're bored of pumpkins, I'm just getting started so be warned!
- My not so secret favourite place in Autumn, in fact anytime of the year; the blossom in spring, the leaves and apples in late summer, and the knarled branches in autumn.
It is the perfect place for a quiet sit amongst the apple trees with a mug of @CopellaJuice Apple & Elderflower.
- It& #39;s been a while as I am mostly laid up in bed following a little operation last week so no picture taking for me. However, it& #39;s a good excuse to share another one from the @ponderosa_and_thyme workshop I did last month. This pics for you @robajobson (spot the ornamental cabbages 😉), for being so brilliant and running on Sunday for such a great cause, good luck baby bro.
- It's been a while as I am mostly laid up in bed following a little operation last week so no picture taking for me. However, it's a good excuse to share another one from the @ponderosa_and_thyme workshop I did last month. This pics for you @robajobson (spot the ornamental cabbages 😉), for being so brilliant and running on Sunday for such a great cause, good luck baby bro.
- I have to say, using Instagram does push me to try new things. I never thought of myself as being good at drawing, and still don't, but I'm quite proud of my pencil sketch Japanese anemone, and I actually enjoyed doing it. A bit more practise and who knows, it could be a new hobby. @wearereeves #ad
- Second flourish, I love this garden rose.
Today has been about a final push to get my littlest one's bedroom finished. She's been sleeping in my office for the last five months because of the building works. I think we are both going to be very happy to get our own space back.
- When you share an iPhone snap, and then find a much better version on your proper camera. (Just in case you are wondering why I've shared two similar photos, but I much prefer this version so I wanted to post it too.)