Instagram photo by nailstormingPolish favorites from 2016
Left to right:
"Pre-Show Jitters" @essiepolish Gel Couture
"Urban Jungle" @essiepolish
"Zip Me Up" @essiepolish Gel Couture
"Salt Water" @picturepolish x @nailstorming
"Salt Water Happy" @essiepolish
"Strike Gold" @kiaraskypolish
"Gala-vanting" @essiepolish Gel Couture -
Nail trends I'm personally leaving behind in 2017
• Duochrome, chrome nails and holographic everything.
• Neons that require white bases. So many indies have come out with great bright polishes that are totally opaque, I hope watery neons are a thing of the past.
• Shimmer. I love a good glitter but plain shimmer polishes seem to be lacking and play a bit young for me.
• Gimmicky trends like spray paint polish.
• Matte nails. I don't mind seeing the trend at all, I just think I'll stop trying to wear it for myself. I never like it after a day!
• Novelty designs. For me, I would never wear a cartoon or character on my fingers anymore.
• I continually declutter my polish as well, but I feel a big purge coming. It's ridiculous how much I don't use!
Nail trends I hope to see in 2017
• More real nails and practical length.
• Variations of soft neutrals for every skin tone. One shade of nude doesn't not encompass all the yellow, gray, pink and beige undertones.
• Creativity! I hope brands branch out from the typical pastel collections in spring and neons for summer.
• Super glossy top coats. Ideally I want something with the consistency of HK girl but the high gloss shine of Seche Vite.
• Simple & clean sleek designs.
• Nude gradients, neutral to white gradients.
• More collaboration between big brands and bloggers/ influencers- whether it's working together for a social media campaign or swatches and art.
• More collaboration shades between influencers for polishes or collections! While this is a huge thing in the makeup community, @picturepolish seems to be the only brand that collaborates for shades!
• More long-wearing formulas like the @essiepolish Gel Couture line!