- The picture I always think of but can rarely find on the anniversary. A snap from the south as we evacuated, taken by student Jennifer (? I think?). @petesouza, wondering if you've taken/seen others from Battery Park the morning of? (We were somewhere between 44 & 11 Greenwich Street, over the tunnel entrance, heading towards Castle Clinton.)
- Now that I have internet access again (grrr) I'll be sharing my pix from Germany. First, for all the book lovers, my fave funky library. (Take one, leave one, read one. Repeat.) #booklove #library #libraryfun #germany
- Idyllic pit stop appeared out of nowhere right when I was getting drowsy. Vineyards as far as I could see and a castle on the hill watching over the river. Entire area seemed to be on bicycles with good reason: sunny, 65F/19C, storm threatening on the far-off horizon, and the land... The land was the sweetest I've ever smelled. I mean, literally, the earth, the *dirt* smelled sweet. Later the cut grass did too, but that was further down the road. And, a big shout out to German drivers. I love driving where the signs are accurate and clear (and frequent) and where drivers FOLLOW THE RULES. SO easy to drive here!
(So far) 😜
#germany #rheinlandpfalz #gloriousday #sweetsummertime
- Remember that Eddie Murphy bit on SNL years ago? Where he dressed in white-face and discovered all the "perks of being white"?
Well, today I'm feeling a bit of "seeing how the other percent live".
I bit the bullet and paid to upgrade so I could sleep a bit before I have to drive 2-1/2 hours in an unfamiliar country with unfamiliar signs at (let's be honest, even for me) unfamiliar speeds. This, right here, is the little zippered package waiting for me at my seat. (I didn't include the $75 off Cole Hahn coupon...).
However, biz class isn't all white this flight, so at least there's that happy change from Eddie's era... #myhowtimeshavechanged #thankGodtimeschange #1% #ifonly #noblessoblige 🙄
- Quick trip to NYC means trip to Disney Store for Thing--which means sit at the little theater to wait... Where I win the Star Wars trivia game and made friends with the aspiring Disney Marketer. All that and a subway ad about podcasting! #greatday #NYC #timessquare
- CraftLit's latest episode is sponsored by EmbodyFocus.com & EmbodyArt--Start building your bliss day now: EmbodyFocus.com/bliss #SmallBusinessSaturday #podcast #classic #literature CraftLit.com/461 full interview at CraftLit.com/461b #bliss via ripl