- To my trans, non-binary and gender non-conforming family, friends and readers: you are loved for who you are, you are wanted, you are awesome. This is how I resist, and I'm diving in today with renewed determination.
- It& #39;s less than six months until Unearthed, my next book! It& #39;s out Jan 9th* and it& #39;s co-authored with my These Broken Stars partner-in-crime, @meaganspooner ! We like to describe it as "Indiana Jones teams up with Lara Croft... in space." It& #39;s full of archaeology and mysterious alien ruins and chase scenes and romance and it& #39;s just the MOST fun. I can& #39;t wait for you all to read it! Also, I did my nails today, and they are the business. Happy Sunday!
* Unless you& #39;re in Australia, you get it a month early!
- It's less than six months until Unearthed, my next book! It's out Jan 9th* and it's co-authored with my These Broken Stars partner-in-crime, @meaganspooner! We like to describe it as "Indiana Jones teams up with Lara Croft... in space." It's full of archaeology and mysterious alien ruins and chase scenes and romance and it's just the MOST fun. I can't wait for you all to read it! Also, I did my nails today, and they are the business. Happy Sunday!
* Unless you're in Australia, you get it a month early!
- Going to San Diego Comic Con? Head to Booth #1515F on Sat 7/22 at 12:00 pm PST to score a free paperback of ILLUMINAE & a set of buttons! And if you're not, never fear! Make sure you're signed up to my newsletter (link in the bio) because I have some amaaaazing giveaways coming up! #sdcc #illuminae #illuminaefiles #book #books #bookstagram #booknerdigans #booknerd #giveaway
- Tonight we feasted on Korean BBQ, and alllllll the mysterious Korean fruit drinks. And lo, it was so, so good. Korean's one of my fave things in the world to eat. Maybe I should head back there soon and eat a whole lot more of it... 🤔
- One of my favorite things about middle grade books are their awesome illustrations. They're like little treasures hidden inside, waiting for you to find them! Here are a few of my favourites, clockwise from top left:
The Gauntlet by Karuna Riazi
Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
Alistair Grim's Odditorium by Gregory Funaro
- Retreat complete! 14 authors. 138,867 words written. 124 chapters outlined. 42 script pages written. 1 million blocks of chocolate consumed, plus an unspecified amount of alcohol. And a list of other achievements -- it's up to you whether they're real or fictional... 1 hair dye disaster
1 space station designed (and damaged)
2 secret projects complete
1 novel FINISHED
1 attack by birds
1 person drowned
1 playground set on fire
1 surgery on a dog
1 uncertain kiss
3 juicy gossip sessions
1 proposal from a ghost
... and so much more! If you want to read the stories that (may) contain these things, you should be following the awesome authors I've tagged here! #loveozya galore!
- Brand new nails and a book I adore. If you haven't read TATTOO ATLAS by @timfloreen then you have such a treat in store. Do it! But first, admire my fancy new nails, because I'm living in my drafting cave right now, and this counts as an exciting development for me!
#book #books #bookstagram #booknerdigans #booknerd #bookrecs #timfloreen #tattooatlas #nails #manicure #jamicure #jamberry #booksandnails
- While I write today, darling houseguest @p.m.freestone is having a sick day on the couch with a copy of UNEARTHED, and Jack is taking nursing duties very seriously.
#authorlife #authorsofinstagram #dogsofinstagram #dogstagram #sickday #unearthed #writerlife #read #reading #book #books #bookstagram #booknerd #booknerdigans
- Brisbane! I left a heap of signed books with the awesome crew at @dymocksbrisbane last week, so head on in if you have a gap in your collection!
#book #books #bookstagram #booknerd #booknerdigans #brisbane #loveozya #illuminae #gemina #thesebrokenstars #beginendbegin
- Yes, progress! My Camp @nanowrimo progress for the day was 4,182 words! I'm hitting virtual camp this month with a pile of writing buddies, and collectively we're going to write and edit a heap of words! I'm taking you along with me each day in my insta stories as I brainstorm, plot and draft. Hugs today to @adamsilvera, @authorkierstenwhite, @sw_messenger and @astridscholte, who got me into sprints when I was tiring, and got me to my daily word count! 💪🏼📚👊🏼✍🏼
#nanowrimo #campnanowrimo #teamdeadline #writing #author #authorlife #authorsofinstagram #elementals #icewolves #scorchdragons
- Writing break for @benottewell and @buddypigtales tonight -- I write my books to their music, and I love seeing them live. 🎼🎸 #music #inspiration #lastcallforthequietlife #amanapart #breaktime #buddy #benottewell
- Last morning. Walk along the beach with this guy. Home tonight! Thanks for all the lovely messages about my stories -- I've had a blast bringing you all along with me. For now, home to Jack the dog and the many words to be written.
#roadtrip #authorlife #authorsofinstagram #inspiration #writing #sealrocks #sealrocksbeach #beach
- The ruins of Trial Bay Gaol, which served as a prison, then an internment camp during WWI. Amazing ruins, fascinating stories. (And I'm a huge history nerd, so I've got a tour of the place in my Insta stories.)
#roadtrip #research #inspiration #authorlife #authorsofinstagram #trialbay #abandoned
- Road trip time! Minyon Falls, so gorgeous! If you want the less dignified version of our trip for the next few days, check my insta stories -- I'll take you on holidays with me! 😝
#roadtrip #NSW #byronbay #minyonfalls #inspiration #authorlife
- Want signed and personalized hardcover copies of ILLUMINAE & GEMINA, and to donate to an excellent cause at the same time? This is your lucky day. @misterkristoff and I are offering to sign and personalise one of each to you (or the lucky person of your choice) and send them anywhere in the world.
To bid, head to www.authorsforgrenfelltower.wordpress.com
In addition to our auction, there are hundreds more authors and publishing professionals offering up books, critiques, and all kinds of amaze. All proceeds will go to the British Red Cross and residents affected by the Grendel Tower Fire.