Instagram photo by travelkinsOur first trip with children! When I was still pregnant, my husband and I thought it would be a totally feasible idea to pack up our entire house, rent it out and move to our home town of Adelaide when the twins were 5 weeks old!!! My top tips for travelling with babies:
1. Pack light for your hand luggage!! You do NOT want to be lugging a heavy, awkward bag plus a baby!
2. Have everything accessible in your hand luggage - ie a little pack with nappies, wipes, change of clothes at top of your bag so you can easily grab one handed!
3. Feed on take off and landing (or dummy) - it helps regulate their little ears.
4. Arrive early! Don't think your usual trick of checking in smoothly, breezing through to your gate etc is going to happen - there is always something! (Nappy change, clothes change)
5. Take a baby carrier - the BEST for when you need your hands free! Just be aware though at many airports (it's the case in australia) you need to take your baby out of the carrier to go through security AND for take off and landing! Such a pain especially if they're asleep!