- One of our favourite toys this week is the @melissaanddougtoys latch board. All of my children have enjoyed problem solving to open the doors and see whats hiding behind. Always a bonus that the doors have numbers on to help early maths and number recognition. Plus it's hard wearing which is particularly good when the babies decide to launch it from the highchair 👍 #childcareadventures
#melissaanddoug #takebackchildhood #countlesswaystoplay #childcare #happytoddlerplaytime #finemotorskills #steamkidschallenge
- Kiddos are creating and designing as we speak. We might have to share videos of this STEM challenge, secret so far has been a screw driver to help with the hole creating for the mini and the oldest is drawing shapes that can be exacto'd out. Flop or fabulous? We will see!
Seriously though, projects that focus on the process rather than a product, projects without an agenda, fail or fantastic will still develop skills that children need to be autonomous life long learners as well as foster curiosity and innovation. Let them be free to create, to make mistakes, to learn and to be proud of what THEY have done. Gardner said, "learning grows from children doing things: not just imitating but actually creating..." So, let us create without copying!
- Through stars aligning in the day job, we had a photo shoot with the talented @soniacphoto at Casa de Palmer, capturing plenty of the moments involved in raising two young boys in Canada's biggest city.
I take a TON of photos of my sons, but now and then you come across one that's REALLY something.
This? This is one of those.
Love this kid.
#cute #kids #love #family #play
- It's hard work mothering a superhero. Trygg is loving the @melissaanddougtoys #superhero Masks and Cuffs kit. I wonder if I can get a superhero to eat his vegetables? .
#superhero #takebackchildhood #letthembelittle #creative #boymom #momblogger #neveradullmoment #countlesswaystoplay #upupandaway #melissaanddoug
- Super honored to be featured on @playfulbydesign.co blog today for our play room! We& #39;ve been working toward a minimalistic mentality for awhile now and the play room has finally arrived at where I want it to be lol. Over at @playfulbydesign.co they are trying to start cultivating an Instagram community of minimalism ideas and principles so if you& #39;re into that kind of the thing, go follow them! Link is in bio ❤️
- Super honored to be featured on @playfulbydesign.co blog today for our play room! We've been working toward a minimalistic mentality for awhile now and the play room has finally arrived at where I want it to be lol. Over at @playfulbydesign.co they are trying to start cultivating an Instagram community of minimalism ideas and principles so if you're into that kind of the thing, go follow them! Link is in bio ❤️
- For the STEAM Kids Challenge to play with numbers this week, I thought I'd share one of the first activities that I started doing with my daughter sometime after she turned two. She's three next month and we still come back to this regularly; these pictures are from right now. It's so easy: just write letters/numbers on a piece of card, hand her letter/number stickers and let her match them up. Quick to put together when you need to come up with something fast! The foam stickers are from @asda and the normal ones are from a @melissaanddougtoys sticker pad ☺ #steamkidschallenge
- When you stumble upon the scene of the crime.... he's pirate obsessed right now and it's the best! He stayed frozen in this position for a good minute! Anyone who knows him knows even 5 seconds of stillness is a lot! He never stops, like ever! #takebackchildhood
- We love seeing our toys put to good use! #Repost @wonder.and.awe (@get_repost)
SIGHT WORD STAMPING | A sensory learning activity from last term - stamping high frequency words into glitter playdough always makes learning more fun! 😀
.#sightwords #reading #readingtime #learning #countlesswaystoplay #learnthroughplay #playdough